Tuesday 28 September 2010

Blog update (21st, 22nd and 24th)

26th September

21st - Tuesday
-          11:15 – 1:15  
In Andy’s session we watched a film called Crash and I found this movie very interesting and moving. This was because this film was structured on many racial family backgrounds in North America. This showed racial discrimination and how racial groups can treat other racial groups so bad.  This film was mainly focused on how white people treat most there racial groups really badly.  For instance, a police officer searched a Buddhist’s wife, but used it as an excuse to grope her.  The Buddhist was put in a very difficult position to act or let it happen. There were many other different scenarios in this film where families from other cultures were getting hurt.  This showed the amount of discrimination which harms families and how their cultural views are ridiculed and mocked.

-           2:15 – 5:15
In Andy’s later session, we wrote up part 2 of the essay.  The essay was about explaining what region codes are, authoring DVD menus and different sound formats. It was great to have time to do this in class.

22nd - Wednesday
9:15- 11:15
In Andy’s session we continued to write up our part 2 of the essay.  Andy also explains the correct format of submitting your work. I found this useful as it will help me in the future.
11:15- 12:15
After Andy’s lesson we had a tutor session where we did a team exercise which I really enjoyed. We were put into groups and we were given an egg with materials and we had to try to design something which would stop it from cracking when it fell.
1:15- 5:15
In Harry’s lesson, Harry showed us a Photoshop tutorial of many different tools, I found this helpful because it showed me some new tools which will be good to make my media product stand out and look a lot better. After he showed us a tutorial I went away and scanned my mood board in so I could edit it and make it look really good.

24th - Friday

9:15 - 11:15
In Andy’s lesson we had to do a peer assessment of someone else’s work. I found this very helpful because the person who marked mine and gave me useful feedback where I could go away and improve on it. I continued to write up the improved version for the rest of the lesson.



11:15 - 1:15
In Simon’s lesson, we showed us how to layer things properly and I found this very helpful because I can now change one object at a time without having to change the whole thing. For the rest lesson, I annotated my mood board.

No comments:

Post a Comment